Iyengar Yoga Benefits
What is the Iyengar Yoga proposal?
In one sentence: “Yoga for all”. This method is accessible not only to people that are used to sports, but also people who are not usually active, that have some kind of physical restriction, injury or posture problems.
This is possible thanks to the use of props that work as assistant professors. They are blocks, bolsters, belts, planks and chairs that facilitate going into the postures respecting the individual limits at the same time they give the practitioner the alignment and balance necessary he needs.
Physical Benefits of Iyengar Yoga
- Strength – the postures strengthen the whole body (isometric).
- Endurance – increases physical performance.
- Flexibility – maintains the body healthy trough correct alignment.
- Posture – conquers a straight posture without effort.
- Energy – betters the running of the glands, renewing your energy every day.
- Health – a permanent well-being trough stable body and mind.
Mental Benefits of Iyengar Yoga
- Focus – going in each posture extends and increases concentration.
- Emotional Stability – the direct contact with the body develops positive emotions, a feeling of safety and calm.
- Peace – stability in the body, disciplined mind and flowed breathing generate a feeling of trust and peace.
- Freedom – constancy in practice frees from negative behaviors and emotions.